Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PORTION DISTORTION, part 1

Here's a fun, surprising and quiz in pictures about the portion distortion that has given Americans the dubious distinction of being the fattest country in the world.

I have the goal of eating 5 to 8 servings of fruit and veggies every day. The hidden camera in the office microwave can attest to the fact that I'm the only one here nuking peas and broccoli and the like for lunch. Today I put a whole baby squash (from the Friday afternoon Farmers' Market in downtown Newark) in there for two or three minutes and ate it with salsa and hummus. It was lovely.

But whenever anyone wrinkles his or her nose and says, "What's that smell?" they always seem to ask me first. It's a small price to pay for a healthier me.

--Judith Allee
Parent Support Coordinator

No comments: