Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Making a Difference One Parent at a Time


This blog submission is from Susan Jones, a young mom, also a nurse, who has participated in various parenting classes over the last few years. This year she started volunteering to facilitate classes with other parents. Last week, she participated in Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) and picked up some new tips and tricks. Here's what she wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
That Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) tape that I watched last week has really smacked me in the face a couple of times this week. It changed my attitude. I just had these really negative tapes in my head and Triple P stopped me from repeating them to my children. I just imagine myself as a wee little person and then I hear myself saying those things. Then I say, "No, no, no!" and I stop myself from saying them. It scares me. The house is supposed to be a safe, positive place to fall, where they can be comfortable being who they are, because in the world they can't be. I love knowing that I made a difference in their lives.

Susan M. Jones, Hanover, Ohio, "Mom of 4 Angels"

No comments: