Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

The following is from a letter received at our YES Clubhouse.

Through the generosity of local organizations (churches, service clubs, etc.), we are periodically able to provide care packages to the families of our YES Club members.

Thank you so much for the food you sent home to our family.  On two separate occasions your staff sent us food.  I appreciate this so much, without this food our family would have not been able to eat any meals.

I work 45-50 hours a week to try and make things work, but unfortunately it doesn't always happen.  After paying bills and gas to get to work, there is not always enough money for food.

Holidays are rough for me, as it takes everything I have to just pay daily living expenses that there is no money left for anything extra. 

I thank God my children understand this, but it breaks my heart that can't even put up a Christmas tree. 

I hope all of the YES Club staff have a wonderful holiday and again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for making sure my family does not go hungry.
We don't always hear back from our parents, but when we do, it quickly puts the holiday season in the proper perspective.

On behalf of the Board of Trustees and the staff of Mental Health America of Licking County, including the YES Clubhouse, please accept our very best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving.

--Paddy Kutz
Executive Director

No comments: