Wednesday, August 18, 2010

GUEST BLOG: Getting Ahead Grad Joins the Y

My family and I took part in the tour of  the YMCA facilities to find out more information about it and the scholarships that the YMCA offers lower income people.  

I had already been quite aware of the YMCA scholarship and how to apply, however, I was not aware of  ALL the great benefits of a YMCA membership--until I attended the tour that was organized by Mental Health America for graduates of the Getting Ahead class for low income parents.  My family and I were VERY impressed with the YMCA facilities and extras--such as free child care while you are working out and the fact that a membership covers all parts of the facility, including the outdoor and indoor pools! I was very excited to learn about the Zumba fitness class and my daughters were about indoor soccer and gymnastics and my husband thought the weight room looked GREAT!  

Attending this tour was JUST the thing I needed to  motivate me to apply for a YMCA scholarship and I was approved!  Now thanks to the YMCA and Mental Health America---my family will be happier and healthier! Thank you!

Peggy Wachenschwanz

No comments: